The Aim of the Chaplain at Fletewood Adventist School is to provide pastoral care, spiritual guidance, social and emotional comfort and support for the general well-being of the students and families associated with the School. The Chaplain is also involved in the spiritual development and support of staff, students and families within the school, irrespective of their faith or beliefs.
The Role of the Chaplain
• Pastoral Care
– Providing students, their families and staff with support and/or appropriate referrals, in difficult situations such as during times of grief, personal or emotional challenges.
– Be available if any student, parent or staff member needs someone to talk to about an issue he/she may have.
– On-site Chaplaincy Surgery is available for students, parents and staff members.
• Spiritual Development
– Be involved in the Weekly Assembly.
– Be involved in activities and have extra-curricular responsibilities as required by negotiation with the head teacher.
– Provide occasional spiritual encouragement at weekly staff meetings
• Church Liaison
– Provide a link between Fletewood School and Plymouth Adventist church for any enquiries about the local church and its programs:
– The local church building will be open for prayer, reflection, meditation and questions on Wednesdays between 9:00am and 1:00pm
– Every 2nd Saturday of the month the church runs a Messy Church program for parents and children between 3:00pm and 5:00pm. See church website or school office for details.
How the service links into other school support services and networks
– Teachers can refer students directly to the chaplain. Parents also are able to request that their child be able to talk with the chaplain. The chaplain will offer referrals to, for example; Counsellors and outside agencies, when and if the need arises.
Arranging for one-on-one sessions
– Students are able to contact the chaplain and negotiate a suitable time to meet together. Teachers and parents can also refer a student to chaplain if needed. Parents are welcome to contact the chaplain and request that he meet with their child.
PLEASE NOTE: All contact with students in the school will follow the school’s safeguarding protocol.
– For any complaints, please follow the school’s complaints procedure.
Chaplaincy Contact details: Ps Clifford Herman
• Email: email@example.com
• Telephone: 07737 407754
• Church Website: www.plymouthadventist.org.uk